Treating Discogenic LBP


Many treatments for the various types of LBP exist and may be considered standards of care, though the adoption of which may vary with geography and medical practice. These include, at least initially in some circumstances (e.g. in particular reference to axial discogenic pain), conservative care regimen with certain changes of lifestyle, exercise, and managed rehabilitation. It is believed that up to 80% of LBP that presents medically to a doctor may improve with such conservative, non-interventional care regimen over the course of about 3 months. However, of the remaining 20% who do not resolve and are considered "chronic, severe" LBP patients, various more aggressive surgical interventions may be available. These may include, purely by way of example, and without reference to addressing any specific presentation of LBP: nerve injection/block, decompression, discectomy, fusion, and/or disc replacement or "arthroplasty".

Any patient suffering from LBP should consult their own doctor, including possible specialists when indicated, to determine the recommended course of diagnostic or therapeutic options available to that patient for their particular condition, and should not direct any decision with respect to their medical care in any way based upon this summary or information on this site - which is intended for general background purposes of our company's direction and mission only.
CAUTION:  Nociscan™ is restricted by Federal Law to investigational use.  Nociscan™ is investigational only and not available for sale or use within or outside of the United States.
Nocimed™ and Nociscan™ are both proprietary trademarks of Nocimed, LLC (all rights reserved).  Nocimed’s technologies and products are considered proprietary and the subject of multiple patents pending within and outside of the United States.
Physicians interested in possibly becoming an investigator in Nocimed’s investigational research are encouraged to contact the company directly via the contact information provided via link on the company’s website home page.
Copyright © 2012



The Problem

Types of Low Back Pain
Degenerative Disk Disease
Discogenic LBP
Diagnosing Discogenic LBP
Treating Discogenic LBP